Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Adele Laurie Blue Adkins

Adele Laurie Blue Adkins

I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion. I don't find thin girls

attractive; be happy and healthy. I've never had a problem with the way I look. I'd rather have

lunch with my friends than go to a gym.”
-Adele

**********************

On May 5, 1988, in North London, England, a baby girl named Adele Laurie Blue

Adkins was born to Penny Adkins and Mark Evans. Mark left the family when Adele was only

four years old. She grew up with music. She liked singing to Spice Girls when she was four years

old, and said that they were a heavy influence to start. When she was in school, she got to meet

some R&B singers, and she said they inspired her too. In May, 2006, she graduated from BRIT

School for Performing Arts and Technology in Croydon. Then in September, she was signed by

XL and her manager was confirmed as Jonathan Dickens.

Her first album “19” was named after her age and was released in February 2008. It went

straight to number one after her second single “Chasing Pavements.” That song debuted at

number two and remained in the UK charts for four months. She also won Grammys for Best

New Artist and Best Female Vocal Performance in 2009, and was nominated for three Brit

awards.
“I heard you’ve been missing me. You’ve been telling people things you shouldn’t be,

like when we creep out and she ain’t around, haven’t you heard the rumours?”
-Adele (Rumor Has It)
Her second album “21” was yet again, named after her age, and was released on

January 24, 2011 in the UK and on February 22nd in the US. It reached number one in

twenty-six countries, including the UK and the US.

After singing “Someone Like You” at The Brits on February 15, 2011, that rocketed to

number one. “Rolling in the Deep” and “Someone Like You” ; two singles off of 21, were in the

top five. By December 2011, both songs had broken sales records and her second album sold

more than 3.4 million copies. It also beat Amy Winehouse's “Back to Black” as the best-selling

album of the 21st century.

On November 9, 2012, the movie “Skyfall” featuring James Bond came out, and Adele

got chosen to make a song for the movie. She of course named it “Skyfall,” and she received an

Academy Award, which she even composed.

“In five years’ time, I’d like to be a mum. I want to settle down and have a family,

definitely sooner rather than later. I’d like to have finished my second album too, maybe even

my third. I’d like a sound that sticks around that other people are inspired by and that people

know is me.”

In 2012, her and her boyfriend Simon Konecki also welcomed a little baby boy named

Angelo Konecki.

At the 2013 Grammy awards, she confirmed that she was in the early stages of her third
album and was currently having meetings while staying in Los Angeles for the Oscars.

****************

“When the pain cuts you deep, and the nights keep you from sleeping. Just look and you

will see that I will be your remedy.”

-Adele (Remedy)

On November 25, 2015, Adele’s third album “25” came out, including award winning

song “Hello.” The album includes many other songs including “When We Were Young ,” “Send

My Love (To Your New Lover),” and “Sweetest Devotion.” This album is set for number one for

the tenth week in a row. This album sold more albums in one week than Taylor Swift’s “1989”

did in a year.

“The ability to be flippant about everything and there be no consequences. Even

following and breaking rules… Is better than making rules. 25 is about getting to know who I’ve

become without realising. And I’m sorry it took so long, but you know, life happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment