Friday, April 15, 2016

The Civil War

What side are you on? The epic battle hits theaters on May 6, as the Marvel Cinematic Universe will undergo its third phase. The movie will take the title Captain America: Civil War, but don’t let that title confuse you. This movie will not at all be a Captain America movie. This movie will be a brawl between government and rogues. The law versus the right thing. The dedicated versus the loyal. I’m here to tell which side is the right side.
Before we begin, you must have a little background information. The movie will be based off of the comic storyline. In the story line, things hit the fan. Your favorite heroes all take a side, whether it’s with Cap and what he believes in, or Iron Man and what he believes in. Iron man wants every hero to have their own personal information put into a database. With doing this, he would have access to their identities, their abilities, how they got them, and more. The reason he wants this is because this way people will be held accountable for their actions. The reason this interferes with Cap’s ideas is because he knows if this happens, his friend, Bucky Barnes, will go to prison. Bucky was brainwashed by Hydra, an evil organization, and turned into a weapon. Cap believes it’s not fair because he was brainwashed, and now that he is beginning to regain himself, he will have to go to prison for a crime that he didn’t even commit. This leads into a gigantic conversary among all of the heroes.
Now that you know what you need to know going to into the film, I will tell you what said I believe is the right side. Now for many of you, your mind set may be, “Well Ant-Man is my favorite hero and he is on Cap’s side, so that’s my side!” or something along those lines. Which is fair, but that might not actually mean you’re apart of that side. In order to tell what side you’re on you have to get personal with your self.
I will put a scenario on the table. The president of the United States tells you that you can be his right hand man. You can have rich, fame, and anything you like. All you have to do is put a bullet through you’re best friends head. This best friend invited you to be his best man at his wedding. This man was there everyday when your wife died from cancer. This man calls and checks in on you everyday. This man would give you every dollar he had to make sure you were secure. This man was your brother and never lied, stole, or got upset with you. His loyalty was better than anyone you’ve ever met. If you put a bullet through his head, you can have anything you ever wanted. If you don't, you are now Washington D.C.’s worst enemy and most wanted.
Now you may say that is a bit of a stretch for the true storyline, but really, it’s not. This is the type of decisions Cap has to make. He now has to decide if he wants to betray his friend or start a war.
You have now seen the storyline, and now it’s time for me to tell you what side you should be on. In my opinion, #TeamCap is the right side. Putting myself in his shoes, I would not let fear overtake me and I would stay loyal because relationships are more important than anything. I think that if you’re on Cap’s side, you’re on the right side. In the comic, Captain America dies at the end after a huge brawl. I’m not sure whether or not this is going to happen, but if it does, do you really want to be on the killing side? Cap’s death is what ends the war during the comic because everyone feels horrible. Also, you guys might be wanting to be on Iron Man's side because that's the side that Spiderman will be on. Yes, I understand your obsession with our favorite predatory arachnid, but I promise you that he won’t stay there. Actually, I can’t  promise you that, but in the comic, after Spidey reveals himself as Peter Parker, he soon realizes the mistake he’s made and switches to...you guessed it, #TeamCap.
Captain America vs Iron man will be the battle of a lifetime, and hopefully better than the one with that alien vs the bat dude. Before I close this paper up, I want to go over the teams. Stark’s team includes Black Widow, Black Panther, Vision (Jarvis), War Machine, and Spiderman (to start with). Cap’s team will include Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier), Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, and Falcon. If one of these is your favorite hero and you’re still being stubborn and just want to pick a team that way, fine.  
The best of the best will be going up against each other in this one, and I am so excited to see how the Marvel Cinematic Universe will bring this amazing storyline to life. They have proved to us over and over again that they have the ability to do it. I hope they don’t blow such a big opportunity to create a great movie.
Now I’ve ranted on how bad I want this movie to be good, who’s going to be on what team, and what team you should be on. I strongly believe that May 6, 2016 will be an insane day in the name of comic book movies.
Awesome! Now you know why #TeamCap is the right team. I hope I’ve influenced you enough to give you a reason to be on my side. If you join this side for the movie on May 6th, you won’t be disappointed. I guess it will come to that day. #TeamCap will be my team, what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment