Monday, February 22, 2016

Broken

Broken


Today I am going to talk about the time I wrecked my 4-wheeler and broke my arm. This happen on the year of 2013. It was the worst time of my life. My left arm had an arm cast on it which meant that I couldn't bend my arm. I couldn't shower or go swimming. I shattered my left elbow into pieces.
At the time my dad was dating a girl who had two kids. She brought them over that weekend. One was my age and the other was younger then me. We asked my dad if we could drive the 4-wheelers. He said yes we shouldn't have done this because that's the day I broke my arm.
We drove for the afternoon with no problem my dad called us into eat lunch. We parked the 4-wheelers and came in and washed our hands. We ate hamburgers and corn for lunch ,and nobody was talking ,so it was a good meal. We finished and put everything away. Nate who was my age at the time started to drive the 4-wheeler again.
We decided to go out into the bean field Where we find some ice. I drive on it first to make sure it is safe. He come across next. Josh, the younger brother walked his way over to the gate and wanted to ride with me. He crawled on and I started to drive. I took him safely on the ice. He likes it. and I am on the lighter 4-wheeler. So i tell nate if i ever flip this it's easy to flip back over.
We slid on the ice a couple more times. I started to get more risky. I shouldn't have because that how I wrecked, I got on the ice one more time, and I slid and slid I was sliding sideways now with josh still on my 4-wheeler behind me. We hit rock hard frozen dirt. Josh and I fly off I land on my arm and close my eyes in pain Josh had a bloody nose. Nate comes up and flips the 4-wheeler. He asked if I was ok I said “Yes take josh and go get my dad.” I hear them rush off. I close my eyes again and open them to my dad their asking if i was ok once again I said yes I am fine.
“Ok let's get you up and on your feet.” Replied my dad. He puts his hand out and i try to grab it with both hands but I couldn't move my left arm. My dad asked “what was wrong”?
I replied with “I don't know I just can't move it”.
“It's probably broken”. My dad said.
“What are we going to do then”. I asked.
Take you to the hospital and get it xrayed”. Said dad. We go to the emergency room in harlan and they asked me to put my arm on the table so i did. They then start twisting and turning my broken arm to take x rays it was the most pain I have ever felt I still wouldn't want that to happen.
We get done with that and the doctor tell my dad to put a sling on it and go to Council Bluffs tomorrow to get a cast so that is what we did. My dad tell me to go to bed so I crawl in bed and I couldn't Find a comfortable position to sleep in so I stayed up most of the night. We went to the hospital and they put a cast and did surgery on it. I woke up and the doctor and my mom and dad walked in and the doctor asked if I Wanted to stay the night I said no because I already missed my house and my comfortable bed.
We arrived at home and I went to bed I didn't eat all day because we weren't aloud to eat before or after the surgery. So I woke up and I looked at my left arm and honestly I forgot I got a cast so I laid there and wondered why I had it on my arm. That day my dad took me to my mom so I could take a bath I sat in the tube while my cast was out of the water. My brother all wanted to go to the wellness center se we went and put a trash bag over my cast and we went to the pool I played in the shallow end while my brothers had fun.
I got bored so we went home. I took of the trash bag and by that time it was sunday night so my mom told me I can't go to school for a week so i was happy to hear this new because it meant no school. My mom and brothers go to school and I am left at home with my dad we go trucking and find markers so my friends could sign my cast. We get back the same time my mom did and when I walked in the door my mom handed me cards from my classmates on how they thought I broke my arm.
I look through them all and I loved how everybody was wrong they all thought I did something cool instead of something stupid. My pain meds made me sick so I acked tired and never felt well. So I acted weird aswell I would throw up at random times it was the worst.After that I started to go to school and I had a lot of fun I told everybody the truth on how I broke my arm.
Everybody signed my cast that wanted to. The end of the month was coming close and I was so excited to get my cast off. The day came the day to get my cast off. My family and I go to the hospital and they get a power tool to cut the cast. They turn it on and the whole time i am thinking they will cut my arm because my dad kept telling me they were going to. They get 1 half of the cast cut and tell me to turn it so they could cut the other half.
They cut it and take it off my mom asked “If my arm felt heavy”
“Yes” I said they then said they were going to take the 3 pins out I asked if they were going to num it they said no so i was freaking out they grab 1 pin and yank. It hurt we had to wait to pull out the next one because it hurt so much. Yank their goes the second one it hurt worse than the first. Yank their is the 3 I was crying now I was in so much pain ,but I was happy to get my cast off. I continued to live my life how it was before the wreck. One thing never changed tho I still drive wreckless on the 4-wheeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment