Monday, February 22, 2016

The Plane and the Box

The Plane and the Box

As I looked around the room of the plane, with the box in my hand, everyone stared at me in fear. They all looked at me like I had just killed their family or something. I look down at the box and saw a bright red light beaming through the cardboard. Then in that moment I had become scared to. But I'm getting ahead of the story, it all started on a hot summer day in June.
3 hours earlier
I was just heading to the airport to get on plane and fly far away from my home state of North Carolina to Brazil for a months long summer vacation. I was so excited to get away from work, people, and not have any worries. I got into the airport, went through security, and got my bags checked then sat down waiting to be allowed to get on the plane. I started to read a magazine sitting on a table next to me when suddenly a young man came and sat right by me.
The young man looked to be in his late 20’s, and had a long brown shaggy looking hair. His eyes were a dark forest green with blue outlinings. He had nice clothes on and was clean shaved, looked like just an average guy to me.
Can you bring this package on the plane for me? said the young man.
Why? I asked.
Just do it, please. It is nothing illegal and plus it has already been through security.” stated the young man.
He was right. It had already been through security, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to be in the part of the airport he was in. I was suspicious about the whole thing though. What if it was something illegal, I could get in serious trouble.
Ill pay you $500.” said the young man.
I was starting to wonder if I should just do it to get him of my back. Plus I could use that extra money to upgrade to a better room in my hotel.
I sat there thinking about what could go good and what could go bad. What if I got caught and it was something illegal? But I could also use that extra money. The young man just sat there staring at me waiting for me to decide. I had finally made my decision.
Yes.” I finally answered.
Okay good.” He said in response.
He handed me the box and told me no matter what not to open it, and he didnt care where the box ended up as long as it wasnt here. I heard the signal to aboard the plane and started walking. I walked towards my seat and sat down.
Hello! Is there anything I can do for you? said one of the flight attendants in a peppy voice.
No, but thank you maam.” I answered very politely.
I noticed she was glancing at the box the young man gave me in my lap.
Um sir.” said the flight attendant in a very cautious voice.
I knew that she noticed the box and I was very scared she was going to say something. My mind started wandering at things I could say incase she did. I had to think of lie.
Yes maam I answered back trying to sound as normal as possible.
What is in that box? She replied back trying to sound as nice as possible.
I knew I was done then. I was going to get kicked off the flight, or worse I was going to jail. I was so scared and I didn't know what to do at that point. My hand started shaking, I was sweating, and I started mumbling my words. It was obvious I was hiding something. I could see her face grow more worrisome the more I stalled. I had to come up with a good lie and quick. Just as soon as I thought of a halfway believable lie I looked up at the rest of the passengers.
As I looked around the room of the plane, with the box in my hand, everyone stared at me in fear. They all looked at me like I had just killed their family or something. I look down at the box and saw a bright red light beaming through the cardboard. Then in that moment, I had become scared to.

TO BE CONTINUED…...

No comments:

Post a Comment