Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mitchell Adam Lucker

Mitchell Adam Lucker was born October 20, 1984. Mitch had been born in Riverside, California, and lived there with his parents, and his siblings from kindergarten to when he was twenty-one. Mitch started his career playing in his brother’s garage band substituting for the original singer. Eventually Lucker’s brother went to college and left the band behind. Instead of giving up Mitch had created his own band named, Suicide Silence the genre being deathcore. In 2007 Mitch had a daughter named Kenadee then later in 2010 Mitch married Jolie Carmadella, Kenadee’s mother.
The band Suicide Silence took off in 2002 with their debut album, and EP “The Cleansing” then the albums “No Time to Bleed” and “The Black Crown.” The last album that Lucker had sang in, “The Black Crown” had been changing from the first two almost anti-religious albums to more like something for everyone to appreciate Lucker was not anti-religious he stated in the following paragraph.
Kerrang Magazine had interviewed Lucker, and what he had thought of the album he explained, “I'm not trying to put people's beliefs down, it's about me and my life. This is my head cracked open and poured on the paper! I still have the same beliefs and same views, but I'm more open to everything. At this point in my life, I don't see the good in making people hate you for something you say. This record is for everybody.”
Lucker’s family would attend his shows and his younger sister had been slightly freaked out by her brother’s music. Lucker had passed away early Thursday morning around 6:17 A.M on November 1, 2012 due to a motorcycle accident. The band was supposed to play a charity show for Christmas on the 24 of November, but his passing prevented that. In March of 2013 Revolver Magazine interviewed Jolie about how Kenadee had reacted to her dad’s death and how Jolie felt about everything.
The interviewer asked, “How has Kenadee taken Mitch’s death?”
Jolie responds saying, “Hard. She understands, though. She actually goes to a Christian school. I've never been religious she goes to a private school because of the quality of education, but she's learning about God, Heaven, and all of that. The day he passed away, I sat with her teacher and we took her into the chapel. I wasn't stable. I couldn't even comprehend what happened. My emotions were making her angry. She was so mad, but she got it. She'd tell me, "Daddy died in a motorcycle accident. Are you going to keep crying?" It's rough. She's used to him being on tour, but once it hits the six-month mark, I think she'll understand. Right now, he could be on tour and coming back. It's killing me inside, but I swear he does stuff around our house. He used to catch bugs for her all the time, and put them in jars. They would go bug hunting and get spiders, snails, and butterflies, and put them in mason jars. He would pop holes in the top. We woke up this morning, and we had just moved into this new house two days ago, everything is scrambled. I had this vase sitting next to the front door. She goes, "Oh my God, mommy! There's a moth in here!" The vase is really tiny at the top it couldn't have gotten in there any other way. I swear he did that. He's doing stuff like that for her just so she knows that daddy is still here. She thinks the stars are him. She thinks the brightest star is him. We'll go outside, and say goodnight. One of our best friend's husband is deaf, so we know sign language. So we'll do the hand sign for "I love you" a lot up at the stars. She'll look up while we're driving and start doing that hand sign for "I love you," and sometimes at night, she'll say, "I love you, daddy. When is daddy coming home from Heaven?" She gets really angry about it. It's heartbreaking.”
The interviewer had even asked what the private memorial had looked like. Jolie had answered with, “It was beautiful. The clothes I picked out for him for the viewing were ones that really meant a lot to us. It was the outfit he wore to our rehearsal dinner when we got married. I had him placed in a simple gray casket, so all of our friends and family could sign it, and write notes to him. He was buried with this special picture of him and Kenadee he loved. At the viewing, he had his left hand over the picture, holding it close to his chest. It was hard. The band's manager made a flag with the artwork for "The Black Crown" on it. We had TVs repeating a big collage of all these pictures of him, his family, and his band. We had all these songs playing. I lost it to one song. I had gone into the viewing first, and it started playing Lucero's "Slow Dancing". That was the song playing during our first dance at our wedding. I just freaked out. It was bad. Later, we had a lot of Suicide Silence songs playing. I made it like it was his last night onstage. If you saw Suicide Silence live in the last year, he walks onstage to "March to the Black Crown". When he was being carried out, we had that song playing.”
To this day, although Mitch is gone Suicide Silence continues for the fans and the rest of the band. Many other metal bands when they received the news dedicated their show to Lucker. Oliver Sykes had even organized a benefit concert for Kenadee’s education, and a donation program due to her father’s untimely death. There had been a public memorial service held and over four hundred people had showed up to mourn Mitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment