Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Once In a Lifetime

Once In a Lifetime
Alex Kinley is your average 18 year old girl shooting for the stars hoping her best guy friend realizes her true feelings. Mitchell Abner is an outgoing 19 year old boy who has shot for the stars, but fallen short as he crushes on his best friend.
Senior year was about over, I walk to the locker of her best guy friend Mitchell. I grins as he walks my way. I think about his gorgeous eyes and shaggy hair that hangs down past his eyes. He does a hair flip and winks at me. I can feel myself blushing and quickly hide my face in my jacket.
I lightly punch Mitchell, he then pulls me into his arms and bear hugs me so I can’t get away. I bite Mitchell on the arm to get away. He wipes off his arm to reveal a red mark. I  giggled and ran to my locker. Mitch followed, but walked because he was lazy. I was taking my books out of my locker when Mitch shut it for payback.I looked him in the eyes and told him to open it because I had already failed two times before.
He opens the locker, and I grabs my books. We walk to class together, our hands sway back and forth next to each other. Our hands touch and there eyes lock, I turn and blush. We carry on to class awkwardly. I sits down and pull out my laptop, Mitch sits down next to me on the table and gets into trouble. The teacher walks to the front of the room and tells them to pick a partner. Mitch called dibs on me and most of the girls sigh.
The teacher explained the assignment and I got to work. Mitch sat around and let me do all the work like I normally do. I don’t like group activities, I usually takes over. Classes passed and it was finally time for lunch. I walked to my locker for my subway, while Mitch ate the disgusting and unhealthy school lunch. I walked into the cafeteria and sat with my normal group of friends. Mitch went and sat with the boys.
After lunch I made my way to my locker where I had Mitchell waiting for me. Mitchell asked what I was doing tonight. Usually I go home and sit around with family. Tonight was nothing special, it was a Wednesday meaning everyone ignored each other. I told Mitch I would drive to his house right after school.
The rest of the school day slowly passed by and when the end of the day bell rang, and I was out of there. I got to my car and quickly pulled out. Instead of going straight to His house She went to Subway. Alex ordered her normal the Italian BMT with just about everything. I always got white chocolate macadamia nut cookies too.
I got in my car and drove to his house. I walked inside the garage door and he wasn’t there yet. I walked to the door leading into the house and typed in the code. I went and sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. There were a few kid movies on so I turned to Despicable Me. I sat there until I hear him pull into the garage. I sat there casually on the couch, waiting for him to come inside.
He walked inside grasping an envelope with the words John Wayne Airport. He walked to the fridge to grab something to drink. Mitch sat down on the couch next to me and turned the channel. I asked him what was in the envelope and he didn’t reply. I got up and went into the other room to grab my phone charger. When I came back there was a necklace and airplane tickets sitting on the floor. I looked up to see Mitch standing there with a sign reading “Alex you are my world, will you travel it with me?”
I walked up to him and gave him a huge hug, but that wasn’t all he had to surprise me. I opened the necklace, it had a ring on it and around the ring “Will you be my girlfriend” was engraved. I started to cry, I had been waiting for this moment.
I of course said yes. We sat down on the couch and looked through the plane tickets. There were ticket to Paris, Singapore, Tanzania, and Sydney. I had wanted to travel the world since I was a little girl. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I was about to travel the world with one of my best friends who is now my boyfriend.
I texted my mom and said I would be home late. She told me that it was fine just to stay out of trouble and be careful. I grabbed my laptop out of my backpack and sat back down on the couch. Mitch came and sat down next to me with a slice of pizza. I started looking up places to go in every country. We would be in every place for a week.
I started with Paris, of course I already knew one place. The first place to visit would be the Eiffel Tower at night, so I could see all of the gorgeous lights. The next day we would go to Disneyland Paris (yes, I understand I’m 18, but I don’t care..). The rest of the time we would be there we would go on an adventure and try new food.
I then looked into Singapore. We decided that we would go on a night time safari. We also wanted to visit the Botanic Gardens. The biggest attraction that we wanted to visit would be Underwater World.  In underwater world you would walk through tunnels and be surrounded by glass tanks filled with aquatic animals. I was super excited for this trip, it was a once in a lifetime chance.
Tanzania and Sydney had been a dream of mine. Since I was little I had wanted to go to theses two places. I wanted to visit the Sydney Opera House. In Tanzania I have always wanted to go to one of the national parks. This trip would be the best time of my life and I couldn’t wait.
***A few months later***
Today was the day, I would embark on a journey of a lifetime. I grabbed all of my bags and went to Mitch’s house. We got in the car and drove to the airport. After hours of going through security we were about to board the plane. As I took a step onto the airplane I hear Mitchell say my name. I turned around and looked down. Mitch was down on one knee holding a little velvet box!  

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment